Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Follow up Blog 8

One time when I was seen as the other was when I was coming back from my cousins house and before I left my cousin asked me to help him take up parts of his computer because he had just came back from college. While doing so then finishing I proceeded to walk down the stairs of his building when I saw him having trouble with the boxes so I ran up back the stairs to help and then saw he got helped from a man inside the lobby. After seeing that I lightly jogged back down the stairs into my other cousins car. Then out of no where the guy from the lobby comes to the car and flashes a police badge telling me and my other cousin to get out of the car. The dude thought I was like a drug dealer because I ran up to the door and then he thought I saw him and that’s why I left back the stairs knowing in his words he was a cop(but he was an undercover cop not in uniform with nothing showing he was) and then when I told him was just helping my cousin the guy you just helped in the lobby he didn’t believe me because my cousin looks white although his not and I look black so the cop automatically thought of me as the other and thought I was lying because of our different skin tones. Finally when I called my cousin to come back downstairs and tell him that I wasn’t lying, the cop apologized(knowing he was a jackass) and let me and my other cousin go.

No comments:

Post a Comment