Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blog 8

a) give a description of your "other."

My other is people who say “Sports doesn’t build character”

b) explain what it is about it that makes you feel such opposition to it

The reason I feel opposite to it is because most of the people who say or believe that probably never played a sport in they life and if they did they it was probably like 1 year which probably didn’t go well for them. I feel as if more kids get involved in sports it will help them develop basic common curtsies.

c) discuss what has happened or would happen in situations where you have to interact with someone who belongs to "the other" as you define it. You should make sure that you do not write something offensive to members of that group, but at the same time if you keep good manners you should express your ideas openly.

A situation where I had to interact with someone who belong to my other was when I had to deal with my uncle who believes that sports are a waist of time. It was about 4 years ago when my uncle tried to talk my father out of letting me play so many sports and let me get a job. My father didn’t listen and then he tried to talk to me and see if I would do it and I told him I like playing sports so I would not quit any of the teams I was on. My uncle still disagrees with me and my father but that is just his opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment